Background

Sunday, February 27, 2011

For Sandy, Especially.

I too, have decided to quit the 30 day challenge, but I promise I'll blog about fun things! Here is a list of my top 5 favorite books and why. I am sorry, there's not a very wide range of genre here. But what do you expect from a hopeful romantic? These are in no particular order, I love them all equally! And they aren't just one book, all my favorite books come in a series! 
The Passage of Promise series, by Tom Roulstone. I was never much of a reader until around 7th- 8th grade, when my sweet mom bought me a book entitled 'Elisabeth'. I had always been a romantic, but just never realized it until I read this book. Since then I have become hopelessly devoted to dreaming about one day having such an adventure of love! If you ever get the chance, READ IT! There are two other books in the series, 'Inheritance' and 'The Last Wish'.


The Buchanan Saga, by Anita Stansfield. Oh the Captain of my heart! I know he is out there, he's just with all the wrong women! ;) There are 3 other books in the series, 'Captive Hearts' 'The Captains Angel' and 'Hearts Crossed'. I Love these books SO Much! They took me on an adventure I will never forget! Sadly they are out of print. :'( I only own the second book. BUT..... they are on Amazon.com. I need to get them all!



EVERY Marcia Lynn McClure novel.... I could no sooner choose a favorite star in the heavens! I love them ALL! Every time I read a new book I fall in love all over again. If you haven't read her books.... go read one right now, you haven't lived! 


The Barrington Family Saga, by Anita Stansfield. Elenore Barrington, is the woman I want to be someday. There are 3 other books in the series 'A Quiet Promise' 'Promise of Zion' and 'At Heavens Door'. You wont be sorry you read them! They are such a testimony builder, as well as, a Fantastic love story!


The Jayson Wolf series, by Anita Stansfield. WOW! I Loved this series so much! There is too much to say about it, I just love them! There are 4 other books in the series 'A Distant Thunder' 'Winds of Hope' 'Shelter from the Storm' and 'The Silence of Snow'. AND Elton John is totally incorporated throughout the whole thing! If you know me at all, you know how much I adore Elton John! 

I hope this wasn't too boring, I do read other genres of books, but this IS my top five after all! :)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any Anita Stansfield before. Should i? Which first? They all end happy right? I can't handle sad endings. I am trying to get back into the reading crazy lady I used to be. Also, can I just say you are the cutest thing ever! Seriously! You did this so fast, it might take me a few days! But it will be there by next sunday! :-)
    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mal! I had not idea you were such an Anita fan! She's a really nice lady! Which of her Buchanan books do you have? I was confused! AND I'm soooooo excited that I made your list of favorites! I hope you weren't just being nice!

    ReplyDelete