Background

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day #3 -The reason behind the name of your blog....




      So, right around the time that I decided to start a blog, I watched the movie 'Charly'. And of course I bawl my eyes out every time I see it, how could anyone not! Well, for me, the last scene is the most romantic, and also the Saddest part of the entire movie! And when Charly and Sam were riding for the last time on the farris wheel, and she looked up at him and said "Its been a marvelous ride, hasn't it?" My heart started to cry, I don't know how to say it any other way. I started to think about how uptight, forgetful, and lazy I could be sometimes, and how short life is and how it wasn't meant to be lived that way! I was going through the motions of every day life, and not enjoying or doing the things that made it all worth living! I wanted to make sure that I lived my life in such a way, that when my journey came to a close, I could look up and say "Its been a marvelous ride, hasn't it?" 
      I forgot this recently, for a while when I was going through a difficult time in my life. But My Heavenly Father was there with me, my Savior cried with me. And then by some small miracle, I remembered what my ride was all about, I knew who I was, I knew where I came from, and I know where I want to go. I started to live again! Now, I make it a point to relish the small and simple things in my life.... pink sugar cookies, vanilla coconut body splash, autumn leaves, my favorite romance novels, my family, the humming of the refrigerator at night, the sunshine... oh I love the sunshine! I love the rain too, and the sound of the mountains! 
   "Do not squander time, that is the stuff life is made of."- Gone with the Wind. "Don't waste a minute being unhappy! If one window closes, run to the next window, or break down a door!" If you have faith, love, hope, and wonder..... If you Laugh, wish, giggle, believe, and sing... I promise you will be able to look up when your journey comes to a close, and say "Its been a marvelous ride, hasn't it?" :)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog! I love it! So poetic and thought-provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Mallory! It's a really great way of looking at life! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete