Background

Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Oh Lord My Redeemer" - Jeff Goodrich (LDS)


Just pause the music I have on my play list and listen to this.
Today in church, the lessons made all the things I need to improve on in my life, flood my thoughts. All the testimonies, I couldn't help but feel inadequate. So I have decided to make a few goals :
* READ MY SCRIPTURES MORE OFTEN! (Being a college student, sometimes I stay out late, and when I come home, I say my prayers and climb into bed without reading my scriptures. Dually noted : Saying my prayers is one of the things that I do very often, throughout everyday in fact. It seems I am always talking with my Father in Heaven about something or other. Which is a bright spot, and one thing that does make me feel a little better.)
*I am not going to miss or be late to institute, even once! I will be there every Monday and Wednesday at 8 o'clock AM, on the dot!
*I will not be late for church! (if you haven't caught on all ready, tardiness is one of my big downfalls in life, and something I intend to change. My friend, Jackie, read me a quote that she said changed her life. I can't remember the exact phrase, but something to the affect that we need to cease making obedience an irritant, and make it our quest!)
*I will go to the temple every Thursday! ( I was so good last semester! This semester I have had every good intention of going, but something always crowds in my way... no more will I let things crowd my way to the temple.)
* I will study more! Be on top of my assignments and set aside time to study for each course I am taking.


Okay, Now I have written them down. Mom told me that my goals would never be accomplished unless I wrote them down. I didn't bare my testimony in sacrament meeting today, and I feel like I need to, for me. I know that this gospel is true, I love my Savior and I know He lives and loves me. I know he died for me, took upon him my sins.... it hurts me so much to know that I have caused him pain. I know that My Heavenly Father guides and directs my life. I am so thankful to have been born into the gospel, and into a family where my father holds the priesthood. I am so thankful for the temple! I know that my Heavenly Father knows the depth of my heart and he knows the yearnings of my soul, he believes in me, and I can do anything with him by my side. His power is real, it moves me, and my testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is strong, steadfast, and continually growing. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment