Background

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pictures!

I am not a huge collector of things, though I do have a treasure box full of little things I've saved since I was a little girl. There are cards, LOTS of pictures, beanie babies, flowers, little dance trophies, dancing shoes and costumes, a ring box with coal in it, etc etc. Just little things to remind me of how silly I was and to help me realize how much I've grown.
BUT, what I really want to start collecting are old photographs and antiques! I just love looking at them, I love it when I see old pictures of my sweet ladies at the nursing home! I love going into my grandmas 'Old Room' and seeing all of the fun pictures and things she has in there! She has a box of vintage hats that she is giving to me... she thinks she is only giving me one, but once she sees how much I adore them, she will realize that she NEEDS to give me the rest! They are rotting away in a box underneath her storage room! I have to go save them, they are probably feeling so unloved!
 Here are a few that my sweet friend Gladys let me take pictures of. She is going to let me have them when I leave!


This was her favorite pink and black dress! She was a model!


Again, beautiful model!



These are candids ... who just looks like that in a candid? She is beautiful! :)



And this is her daughter, and her 'Handsome Dude!' :) One day I am going to have a Handsome Dude! :)


2 comments:

  1. Yay Gladys! Perhaps I can lighten those a big for you if you want! Can't wait to see pics of you in your Gma's hats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Yes Mallory one day you'll find your superman, that perfect man that is right for you:) I love old pictures too:) As you know now my mom has a bunch!

    ReplyDelete