The Biggest lie I've ever told was....
When I was at my very first Kirby Heyborne concert, performed at Box Elder High School, in Utah. I was 14 years old and went with My sweet friend Krista Gibbs. We were SO Excited! My parents dropped us off and took the rest of the kids to see a movie. We handed our tickets to the man at the desk and went into the auditorium. We had kind of crummy seats, but thats okay.
Afterwards, we stood outside in the lobby, just waiting for Kirby to come out! (Note: This is all very weird, seeing as the man is totally married, and with kids! But anyhow...)
All of a sudden, the noise level increased 10 times! Kirby walked out, his beautiful blond hair, radiant smile, and all his glory shone down upon us, mere mortals.
There was a HUGE line of course! Every high school girl, pushing and shoving to the front, just to get a picture with him, his autograph, or in the very least, a closer glimpse. Me and Krista were stuck in the back, how lame, I know! But we were going to get a picture and an autograph if it was the last thing we did!
As we were standing there, my phone rang..... "Crap! Its dad!" I clicked the call button "Hello!" I said in the most cheery voice I could muster. "Hey, how much longer until you're done?" "Oh, well... Krista is in the bathroom! She just left, I'm not sure how long she will be?"
Krista, stood next to me, mouth agape. Wondering how and why I was lying to my father! Something my sweet friend, would never do.
"All righty, Chickie." Dad said, "Just call us when she's done, and we will pull around front to get you."
"Thanks Dad, Love you!"
Phew! I got away with it! He totally bought it, dang I was proud of myself...... Until only seconds later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, and to my utter most horror.... There stood my Mom, hands on her hips, smiling that awful smile that silently SCREAMS at you.... "You're busted!"
I didn't know what to say. I was in complete shock! How? Where? What? This couldn't be for real!
"In the bathroom, huh?" Mom said, still smiling. "Well.... I, uh.... she said she had to go! She really was going to go to the bathroom! But then Kirby, and the line, and...."
Meanwhile, Krista stood there, completely embarrassed... as was I! Mom just shook her head, bent down and whispered in my ear "We were parked just outside those glass doors waiting for you. We saw you two standing here, and thats when we called."
Caught, red handed, and in front of my best friend..... They had witnessed it!
Mom stood straight again, smiled, and told us to jump into the crowd and push our way up there. We did, and we got our picture AND autograph from Kirby.
My parents never said another word to me, about it. I think they knew the guilt and embarrassment had been and would be enough. I'm not even sure why I lied? Was I worried that my parents wouldn't let me stay to get the autograph I so wanted? I don't know. I've always been an awful liar, never could get away with it! Besides always getting caught red handed, it shows plain as day on my face. Haha Needless to say, I haven't tried to fib since. ;)

What an awesome/awful story! You can soooooooo use that when raising your children as a life lesson of your own! Everything we experience, good and bad, we learn from and can use it to enrich the lives of others! GREAT story! AND your parents are soooooooo awesome! It shows how well they know you and I love their parenting technique! WONDERFUL!
ReplyDeleteHaha! That is so something that would happen to me too! I always sucked at lying too! They are so nice to still let you get the autograph though! Love you!
ReplyDelete