Background

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snow Balls and Snow Tunnels!

When we were all little, back in Utah, we had a really fun back yard! Giant trees lining the ditch bank, our house was surrounded by huge alfalfa fields on three sides! During the winter we would get all bundled up in our snow suits and go outside to see who could roll the biggest snow ball, and who could dig the longest tunnel through the fields. I remember we used to stay out there all day long. Dad used to hook a sled behind the snowmobile and race us through the fields of snow around the house, it was Sooo much fun! Before the snowmobile, He used the four wheeler.... needless to say, we had quite a few feet of snow, and it ALWAYS got stuck! After such excursions we would go back to the house, strip down in the mud room, and race up the stairs to find Mom's homemade hot cocoa waiting for us. After we got done drinking the cocoa, we would sit on the edge of the bath tub and stick our feet in the warm water! I remember on cold mornings when we would wake up for school ( that was always the worst, waking up for school in the winter.) Mom would let me and Paige each take a turn sitting on the toilet with the blow dryer up our night gowns, to keep us warm. Then while we would watch for the bus through the screen door, she would open the oven and let us stand in front of it! I remember one morning I dropped my lip gloss running to the bus. I found it when the snow melted in the spring! I really miss my home, I still haven't come to the full realization that I will never live in that house again.... it wasn't just a house, it was special, and I will always  treasure the moments I spent there!

1 comment: