Background
Monday, December 20, 2010
Look at me I'm Sandra Dee!
So I've been inspired! Today I was reminded about a time when I was a little girl. A time when the 'Greese' soundtrack was the only thing I listened to. I was about 6 years old, I loved Olivia Newton John, the lady who played Sandy in the movie, and her fantastic dresses! One day I was over at my Grandma Smoot's house with my mom helping her clean or something or other. Well naturally, I was day dreaming about happy things... probably dancing on purple clouds somewhere, John Travolta singing to me, I don't know. But as I was doing whatever it was that I was doing, I was singing 'Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee, lousy with virginity! Wont go to bed, 'til I'm legally wed!' ( I think those were the only words I remembered from the song) with enthusiasm and exaggerated tones. My grandma overheard my little concert and FLIPPED! She read my sweet mother the riot act and I was forbidden to EVER listen to track number 7 on my favorite CD again! Later, when I was older and wiser too, I asked my mom why she never let me listen to that song.... she told me this story! Was I a cutie or what!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha, that is soooo cute!! I used to get annoyed because all the girls in choir would sing that to me. But it was okay cause the cute guys would always sing oh Sandy to me. Haha! I can just imagine you dancing and singing it!!
ReplyDelete