Background

Monday, June 13, 2011

Two weeks to Eternity...


Its been so long since I've blogged, so much has gone on and I hardly know where to begin. Back in October I started emailing a missionary, the son of my very dear friend Marcia. To my utter most surprise, he wrote back, and kept writing back until February 2nd when he came home. We continued to facebook each other until the middle of March when I had the wonderful opportunity to be my sweet friend Emilee's Maid of Honor. She had a second reception in Albuquerque where she is from, and where my Mitch happened to live as well. So me and Mom and Paige took an early road trip. ;) We showed up at their house and were greeted with hugs and kisses and happy smiles. We went into the living room and sat down, five minutes later the boys walked down and we were introduced in person. I had to physically restrain my jaw from dropping to the floor. There he was.... the man of my dreams, the one I had been waiting for my whole life! He didn't know that of course. We ate dinner and I was cool, but he kept staring at me all night... which was totally absurd to me. I never thought in a million years this guy would give me a second glance. secretly I was as giddy as a school girl inside! When we left that night he gave me a hug goodbye. The next morning I got a text.. he asked me if he could take me out that night, I said YES! :) We went over to their house and took lots of fun pictures and then me and Mitch got in the car and went to play mini golf. While we were there, I wasn't doing so good. So he made me a deal... he said that if I made a hole in one, that he would give me my hearts desire... ha ha  yeah right, this guy had no idea what he was promising. But what the heck, there was no hurt in trying anyhow... I closed my eyes and said "I wish, I wish, I wish!" I hit the little blue ball and as the fates would have it... guess who made a hole in one? We hugged and he asked me what it was... I told him I would tell him later, it was my hearts desire after all... you don't just let anyone into your heart. We went out for ice cream then, and we talked in the car on our way to a little place where we could look over the city of Albuquerque. We sat up there on a bench and talked some more before we went home. Once we were home, we decided that I needed to come back for a little visit in April. After we left that night, I couldn't bare the thought of spending another day in my life without him... So I asked him to come to Emilee's reception with me, he said he would. :) So the next night we went! We danced and took pictures and smiled our faces off. :) When we got back to the hotel I walked him to his car and he kissed me on the cheek and I swore never to wash it again! He left then, and made me promise to tell him my hearts desire when I came back in April. Until I went back, we sent packages and letters to each other and it was fabulous :) I went back and the rest is history. I came again in May to visit again and he asked me to marry him. We went back up to the spot overlooking the city. I was sitting on his lap and amidst the talking, he pulled out the most GORGEOUS diamond ring I had ever seen in my entire life! He asked me to marry him and I was the happiest girl on earth! Two weeks later he came and took me back to ABQ to live with his family until we get married on June 25th. :) I know I could never do this story justice... I could never convey my feelings in just the right and perfect way... I love Mitch more than anything, more than air, more than my eyesight. Heavenly Father truly does watch over me... He knew my heart, he sent me the one person on earth who could heal my heart and bring me back to life. The one person who can make me smile more than anyone else, the only one who could ever own my heart and soul. My better half, My completion.



3 comments:

  1. Mallory! I love everything about this post! You are one lucky girl! how exciting and such a FUN time of your life! you deserve the best and nothing less! take lots of pictures for your G2 friends! :) love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. I just love this! Its like a romance novel coming to life! :) I am so happy for you Mal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallory, you literally bring tears to my eyes. I couldn't be happier for you! I know you two are going to have a wonder eternity together =) Congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete