Background

Monday, May 2, 2011

Sandy and Mallory ( Anne and Diana )

Today I want to blog about my bosom friend Sandy and I :) She blogged about us a few days ago and it meant so much to me and inspired me to write about us too! :)



There is no cute little cottage with trees and tall green grass like "Green Gables" And "Avonlea" in this story... But there are two bosom friends, Kindred spirits if you will... Sandy and Mal :)


"Marilla, do you think I shall ever have a bosom friend? ...A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know--a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul. I've dreamed of meeting her all my life. I never really supposed I would, but so many of my loveliest dreams have come true all at once that perhaps this one will, too. Do you think it's possible?" (Anne of Green Gables) 

This is Sandy and Me! :) My sweet bosom friend, my kindred spirit, my sister from another mother! Or however you guys say that ;) The lady who shares my same heart, mind, and happy spirit! :)


 I don't believe in coincidences. I mean really... two people that have never lived in even close proximity to each other meet because of a series of very, very fortunate events, and realize they should have been sisters all along? I lived in Garland Utah for heavens sake, move to Thatcher Arizona of all places out in BFK, meet my sweet friend and kindred spirit Marcia, become like insta best friends, discover how much alike me and her daughter are, who then become bosom friends forever! Its all part of a happy happy plan! :) These things just don't happen everyday! :) 


  


One day I received a message from my Darlingest friend Marcia, telling me that I needed to add her daughter as a friend on Facebook, because we would just be the greatest of friends! I  had always thought this girl was super cute from her pictures and had joked about stealing her sweet baby ;) But she would think I was a weirdo... I mean who just adds people as friends if they don't know them right? Especially people from so far away! I lived in Arizona for heavens sake... This lady was in Colorado! Completely bizzaro if you know what I'm saying. 
But, I couldn't resist, I added her on Facebook knowing that she might think I was some creepy lady planning to abduct her only child ;) The next day I got onto my Facebook and to my utter most surprise... Sandy had written on my wall! She told me how she had wanted to add me as a friend too because her mom had shown her my list of 15 facts, and had discovered how much alike we were! :) 
Naturally I was super excited! :) We started to talk like ALL the time! We were so much alike it was crazy! It was like we owned the same thought process and could talk about anything and everything!  Then eventually we switched phone numbers and started texting and phone chatting, it was SO much fun! :) One day Sandy asked if I would be her Bosom friend like Anne and Diana... "Heck Yes!" I said "Will you be My bosom friend?" We decided that Sandy would be Anne and that I would be Diana! From Vintage bathing suites to 1920's - 60's dresses to flying up to Colorado for a visit so we could take pictures and have a blast! :) 
Then as fate would have it, My very dear and sweet BFF Emilee Payne, now Goutcher ;) Asked me to be her maid of honor and had her wedding reception in Albuquerque, where Sandy just happened to be that very same weekend visiting her sweet mom and family! :) So I got to go visit my bosom friend and her totally fantastic family that I love to pieces! And while I was at it.... meet the man of my dreams, Mitch! :) And in two weeks I am flying to Colorado to see her so we can take pictures and go shopping and play with baby Lincoln and just have so much fun! :) I can hardly wait! :) Thank you Pecan Sandy for being my Bosom friend, I shall shrivel up and die at the thought of ever living without you!


This totally reminds me of something Sandy and I would say ;) 


Anne: "Wilt thou give me a lock of thy jet-black tresses? 
Diana:  But I don't have any black dresses.
Anne: Your hair.
Diana:  All right. "

3 comments:

  1. Oooo! I LOVE it! So "Anne-ish!" AND your "Anne Room" is waiting here for you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I LOVE that quote from Diana and Anne! That is too us! And the picture you chose! That is the way I imagine us--that picture! Someday if I ever find a costume pattern for cheaper than I currently am finding them, I will sew us dresses like that and we will take pictures! For real! You are the best and this was so sweet! And I am so glad that we are bosom friends and that you are coming up here in a little less than two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved those books growing up and wanted a bosom friend. I've never had a bosom friend, but I had a siamese twin connected at the brain friend...not quite a bosom friend, lol, but still fun. I'm glad you two found each other!

    ReplyDelete